Friday 8 January 2016

The beginnings of a S/S wishlist

Is anybody else furiously toe-tapping, just willing new season stock to hit the stores?  I know I am.  Every season, as all the lovely new shapes and styles are revealed I embark on an episode of frantic list writing followed by weeks of ups and downs as expected sure-hits turn out to be duds and initially dismissed outsiders develop into full blown obsessed-over must-haves.


Things will start arriving over the next few weeks but until then I've a few things on my list for S/S already. 


I'm feeling a lot of love for the cropped flared jeans which first appeared mainly on French fashion editors (and Alexa Chung) a year or so ago.  Pinterest has loads of inspo....






I've already DIY'd an old pair of black J Brand Lovestory's which I'm pleased with but which are rather snug (to say the very least) having bought them just after I'd had my eldest when I was super skinny and lived on nervous energy, toast and not much else.  I think the blue work really well and would certainly fit into my wardrobe (not to mention around my waist) better.  A word of caution: unless you actually are Alexa Chung (or the bird bottom right who I think looks AWESOME), these bad-boys require a heel.


Last summer's fashion bloggers' obsession, Self-Portrait, has also continued to pique my interest.  Not cheap admittedly but I think their pieces are pretty damn special.  I'm fairly sure we don't have a wedding to tart up for this year but there's a whisper that we may be going to Ascot in June.  I bloody hope so - a Self-Portrait frock would be just the ticket.....







Next up, something which I wear repeatedly, all year round; the classic Breton.  I'm looking for a breton in a heavier cotton with a boxier fit this season.  Saint James for J Crew do a brilliant version but I don't think I can bring myself to pay £80 for a t-shirt.




Boden did a great one for A/W but it sold out stupidly quickly (or before I had chance to bag one in any case - I spent the rest of A/W checking to see if any had come back into stock and cursing myself every time I saw that they hadn't).  They have a "Essential" version in their new S/S stock but it'll be just my luck they'll not include the heavier Mariner version.


Finally, let me tell you about the object of my affection that I can neither get out of my head nor afford.  GAH!  I'm so late to this particular game it's tragic.  They weren't even on my radar a month ago and then.  And then.  I was in Bath, in Russell & Bromley with my husband as he continued his seemingly eternal search for The Perfect Desert Boot.  Don't ask.  Anyway, I saw the Stuart Weitzman display and I'd heard and read SO much about the Lowland boots that I thought, sod it - I'll try them and see if they're All That.  Big mistake.  Oh the biggest of big mistakes.  Because they ARE All That.  And then some.  They are boots of pure beauty and look and feel so so good on. 


I fell hard and fast right there.  It was and continues to be unrequited love.  Sob.  They ain't gonna be mine any time soon because they are hideously expensive.  Even secondhand via Fleabay you're looking at £400 plus.  The further fly in the ointment is that our long planned loft extension will be kicking off soon and therefore all funds will of course be poured into that.  Bugger.  Perhaps we'll hook up next A/W (although of course I have a search saved on aforementioned auction site juuuuust in case a pair in my size pop up a bargain price).




Finally a couple of outfits from the last few days.


For lunch and buzz around The Mall (as it was effing raining again and none of us fancied yet another AirHop/Jump/softplay visit).




coat - Zara / cashmere jumper - Boden / jeans - Topshop / trainers - Mango






And for a painful return to work on Wednesday.




grey merino jumper - Gap / black dirndl skirt - Gap / heels - Zara / pearl and diamante necklace - Zara


Until the Sales rubbish is cleared and nice things start appearing I shall mainly be bundled up in scarves, moaning about the rain.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love my lowland boots in grey. Well worth the money. The top self portrait dress is gorgeous, not sure I have an occasion to justify. I bought one last year and have only worn it a couple of times so maybe need to get that one out again first!! Have noticed you in another post in bella 1970 jumper. Have had my eye on a red one but you look lovely in the black one and wonder if that might be more versatile?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh Jan, I'm still so new to this blogging business and didn't see your comment! I finally bought some Lowland copies from Office and I have to say I'm thrilled with them. They're very close to the real thing. I'm still lusting after a SP dress. Very envious of you with yours - WEAR IT! Ah the Bella. Oh I love it so - the black is very versatile but I'm also all over the red one. Let me know if you buy one? x

      Delete