Monday 21 December 2015

Time to lounge

At this time of the year I seem to be either wildly dolled up or bumming about in pyjamas with nothing in between.  Indeed, diving straight into nightwear the second I'm home from work/school run/after school clubs is a perennial habit for me (I can't be the only one who does this?!) but during the festive period, much as I love dressing up, pulling on super comfy pyjamas (with an elasticated waist to accommodate the vast amounts of cheese I seem to be mainlining) is an absolute joy.  Pyjamas, fire, cheese, gin, lounge - on repeat. 


I like a classic pyjama.  No shock there.  Not for me your logo'd jersey set, your novelty onesie, your frilly negligee.  No, I'm all about a masculine buttoned-up two-piece, always in cotton, striped, checked or maybe paisley in print.  Some swear by silk but much as I love a silk shirt or dress, I find silk pyjamas just too restrictive and fragile.  During the colder months, I like to wear mine with an old cashmere jumper chucked over the top.  Comfy, cosy but respectable enough to face the postman in (even if it is midday).


Last Christmas I took advantage of the Christmas/January sales and gave my decidedly sorry collection of nightwear a complete overhaul.  House of Fraser came up trumps for me, mainly because their 50% off discount was too tempting to resist and once I'd bought one pair and realised how great their Linea range is, I bought a whole lot more.   To date I have four pairs and I can't rate them highly enough.


A few weeks ago, courtesy of the Black Friday Sales I snapped up the first pink striped pair shown in the collection below for less than £25.  I love all the other ones featured too, especially the last grey checked pair from John Lewis.


Linea pink stripe pyjamas







Cyberjammies black stripe pyjamas








Linea mauve check pyjamas








John Lewis Carrie navy spot pyjamas






John Lewis grey box check pyjamas










Happy lounging!

No comments:

Post a Comment