Monday 28 December 2015

'Tis the season to be very very grateful

Ah Father Christmas has been very kind to me this year.  Not only have I had a fabulously lazy Christmas with my family (and a well-needed break from the general day to day chaos that goes with two children, one stupidly busy husband and a part time job) but I've also been extremely spoilt on the present front.


So before I start, I should say that this post is focussing on items which are more on the pricey side.  I'm a huge fan of the Great British high street but I always use Christmas and birthdays as an excuse to chose something a little more special as a present, something that I couldn't necessarily afford during the rest of the year.  


I've stuck to this school of thought this Christmas and had one present early in the shape of a black star print Equipment shirt.  After years of buying silk shirts on the high street and by high street, I mean almost exclusively from Zara, I've been completely converted by these admittedly way more expensive but far, far superior shirts. The fit, the quality, the weight of the silk, the drape.  Drool.  They're just beautiful. 


This pale pink one is gorgeous and may well be on my spring/summer wishlist. Whilst I can't bring myself to seriously think about S/S quite yet, in my head this looks delicious unbuttoned a little and messily tucked into faded skinnies with sandals and a tan.








The big man (ie, my husband) came up trumps with my favourite Jo Malone goodies - the English Pear and Freesia perfume which is by far my favourite and also the body crème.  Again, on the pricey side but a little goes a very long way.  Their candles and room diffusers (the Pomegranate Noir especially) are also gorgeous and long lasting.


These oversized Prada sunglasses which I'd been lusting after since trying them on in Florence in the summer were also under the tree.  I'm a big fan of Prada sunglasses - the quality and finish are always spot on whilst not being break-the-bank expensive.  And before you wonder, no, your eyes do not deceive you - they are absolutely massive!




And last, but by goodness not least, this 1970 Bella Freud jumper which has been on my list since I saw a picture of Kate Moss wearing one years ago.  (Because obviously I'm going to look just like Kate Moss in mine.....)  I'm planning on wearing it to a New Year's Eve party with a leopard print mini skirt, opaques and block heeled Mary-Jane shoes.  It's an outfit I love the idea of however, the (likely) reality is that it's 15 years too young for me and I'll look like some sort of sad Kate Moss tribute act.  Watch this space.....













No comments:

Post a Comment