Thursday 18 February 2016

Block

Any fashion observer worth their Gucci will know that at the moment, it’s all about the low block heel.   As a lover of high heels but with an increasingly temperamental back (old age, you’re a bitch) I’m all over this style. 

The shoe of the moment and inspiration for a plethora of copies on the high street, the Celine glove shoe, I love in theory but would look beyond ridiculous wearing.  Enter stage right a million alternative styles.  Phew. 






For me the block heel journey started, as so many other things have, with a blurry pap shot of Kate Moss.  In true style stalker fashion, last summer I tracked down a similar pair - hers are Repetto, mine are good old John Lewis.
I think as this style can veer towards fugly and, let's be honest, a little frumpy, they work better with more casual, cool outfits - a leather mini, a pair of frayed hem jeans.  I'm looking forward to wearing block heeled sandals once the weather stops being so bloody wintery but in the meantime, here's a quick round up of what's on the high street: 




Gatsby mary janes - TopShop
Juno glove shoes - TopShop
satin and glitter mary janes - Next
Josephine flared heel shoes - TopShop
Joni velvet shoes - TopShop
slingback shoes - Zara


And here I am wearing my Zara sale bargains...




breton teeshirt - Uniqlo / blue jeans - TopShop / cream faux fur coat - Zara / red clutch - Marc Jacobs / gold glitter block heels - Zara



No comments:

Post a Comment